1. Print management firms serve as a one-stop source for much of your marketing needs. Like most businesses, your company probably wants to increase efficiencies by cutting down on unnecessary costs. That’s where a print management firm can help. They can help you streamline your procurement process by handling many aspects of your marketing efforts eventually resulting in savings to the customer and higher return on investment.
2. Print management firms provide services, not just products. They specialize in inventory management—making sure you have what you need when you need it. They can offer up-to-date inventory reports, pick and pack services, distribution to multiple locations and fulfillment. But inventory management is just one facet of a print management firms service offering. They can help you manage mailing lists, design a point-of-purchase display, suggest a theme for an advertising campaign or help you implement a bar coded inventory system.
3. A print management firm stay’s abreast of technological developments. In today’s fast-paced business environment, it’s essential that your business stay’s ahead of the technology curve. Print management firms are highly trained professionals who make it their job to stay up-to-date on variable imaging, data capture, e-commerce, bar coding and other technologies so you don’t have to.
4. Print management firms offer custom solutions to your problems. They are not interested merely in selling a product to add to their bottom line. They prefer to sell solutions that will enhance your bottom line. Understanding your business is at the core of their business. They are consultants who can help make your internal processes more efficient, saving your company time and money. These problem-solvers know how to eliminate obsolete documents, combine documents for improved efficiency or convert documents to electronic forms when it makes sense. They also can analyze business processes to help you weigh the pros and cons of different technology solutions.
5. Print management firms can get the best product/price/delivery combination to meet your needs. Print management firms are not bound by the policies, product lines or production limitations of any single source of supply. By working with a wide array of manufacturers and business partners, they can deliver what you are looking for eventually saving money. And, they can reduce freight costs by picking a manufacturer near your delivery site.
6. Print management firms sell the majority of products in the marketplace today. A recent research study showed that print management firms control 54 percent of business printing.
7. Print management firms off topnotch customer service. Good customer service isn’t just lip service for independent business products professionals. Management firms pride themselves by going above and beyond to do business exactly the way your company wants to do business. That means providing customized inventory reports and invoices designed the way you like to read them, meeting with you when—and as often as—you want to, and shipping and packaging items the way you want to simplify processing at your company.
8. Print management firms specialize in helping businesses of all sizes. They have experience working with local businesses that are just getting off the ground as well as national corporations with multiple locations. Because they serve clients in a variety of industries, they can use expertise gained in one industry to solve problems within your company.
9. Print management firms can help out in a crisis. They help their clients avoid inventory shortages and other emergency situations. If, however, a situation occurs beyond anyone’s control, management firms can assist you with rush orders, emergency consultations and trouble-shooting.
10. Print management firms are local businesspeople. Doing business with them strengthens the local economy. They employ local people and support community causes right in your area. And local management means decision-makers who can get what you need are easily accessible.
If you or your company is looking for a print management firm to help you streamline your print procurement process, please contact East Coast Graphics we are always happy to help.
Thomas D. Glenn
East Coast Graphics, Inc.
p. 631.231.9300 xt.11 | f. 631.231.5159
Efficiency = Savings = Success